Here is a method on how to add tow tabs, Photo and Employee, to the user property sheet in Active Directory and it will be displayed in Outlook, Lync and SharePoint.
Download adext.zip and extract it.
Copy the adExt.dll to C:\
or the 64-bit version if your OS is 64-bit:
Have you ever been troubleshooting a problem with remote SQL or remote DB connection and want to see if an account could make a remote connection to SQL but didnt want to install the SQL tools? There is a simpel way to test the database connection.
Just go anywhere on your system and create an empty text file named anything but instead of txt make sure the extension is UDL. Then, double-click on the file and up pops a SQL connectivity window to allow testing of remote SQL connections.
The Microsoft Solution Accelerators team is pleased to announce Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012 Beta 2 is available for download on Connect now. We hope you’ll take the time to preview and provide feedback on MDT 2012 Beta 2.
New Connect members join the MDT 2012 Beta 2 program now (Windows Live ID required):
Existing Connect members bookmark this link to get the latest project details:
Beta 2 of the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 is now available for download! New features and enhancements make large-scale desktop and server deployments smoother than ever! For System Center Configuration Manager customers, MDT 2012 Beta 2 provides an improved, extensible wizard and designer for customizing deployment questions. MDT 2012 makes full use of the capabilities provided by System Center Configuration Manager 2012 for OS deployment. MDT 2012 integrates with configuration templates from the Security Compliance Manager (SCM) tool to ensure a secure Windows installation from the beginning of the deployment. Download the latest version of MDT and improve your deployment experience. Existing MDT users will find more reliability and flexibility with the many small enhancements and bug fixes and a smooth and simple upgrade process.
- Full use of the capabilities provided by System Center Configuration Manager 2012 for OS deployment.
- Improved Lite Touch user experience and functionality.
- A smooth and simple upgrade process for all existing MDT users.
Have gotten the Task Sequence error code 0x80072F87 lately and you have no clue of what it means or why your task sequences won’t run even though everything looks OK?
Well this little bugger kept me and the whole team where I am assigned at confused for a day or two.
The solution was simple: The computer date and time was wrong.
So fix the date and time and you’re all set to go.
Good Luck! 🙂
Have you had an USMT job running and you want to exclude a specific file but it keeps on getting migrated? You check your xml file and see that everything is as it should but the file still keeps migrating? Well there is a reason for that. I’m going to try and give you a quick explanation.
Simply put if you have a include of any type somewhere in your xml file(s) then your targeted exclusion will still be migrated. So you can use as many Excludes or Unconditional Excludes as you like, but if you have another Rule section or Component section or etc. It will be included.
To read more on this topic in detail please visit: http://chentiangemalc.wordpress.com/2011/02/01/how-to-exclude-files-usmt-4-0/
Hope this helps you out with your next USMT job 😉
In this session, Michael will walk you through the inner workings of a task sequence, showing the various steps in the process, how information is passed to and between each step, what the steps do, and how to troubleshoot when things don’t go as expected.
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to connect directly with an SCCM Expert and one of the most knowledgeable people on SCCM in the industry!
The Microsoft IT desktop team leverages Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 to provide management and security across clients, devices, and servers in physical, virtual, and mobile environments. Hear how we are leveraging some of the new features in Configuration Manager 2012, including the software center and application catalog, as well as how we are continuing to use the solution to deploy software and updates, manage inventory and settings, and deliver security signature updates. We share benefits including the new user experience employees now gain with the Configuration Manager 2012 client management experience.
Microsoft has made Release Candidates available for several of the upcoming 2012-editions of their System Center products.
Most interesting for us deployment guys is of course the release candidate of
System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
As you all know, SCCM provides comprehensive configuration management for the Microsoft platform that can help you empower users with the devices and applications they need to be productive while maintaining corporate compliance and control.
New and improved capabilities in the RC include:
- Improved endpoint protection functionality, with integrated setup, management and reporting for System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection.
- Improved application catalog design that provides a better, more responsive experience when requesting and downloading applications.
- New support for Windows Embedded devices, including Windows Embedded 7 SP1, POSReady 7, Windows 7 Think PC, and Windows Embedded Compact 7.
- Improved client status checks for Configuration Manager services and features.
- Improved compliance enforcement and tracking, with the ability to create dynamic collections of baseline compliance and the generation of hourly compliance summaries.
- Platform support for deep mobile device management of Nokia Symbian Belle devices. Pending a platform update by Nokia later this calendar year for these devices, customers will be able to try out the management of these Nokia devices with ConfigMgr.
- Additional scalability and performance improvements.
Check out Technet for a more detailed description of What’s New in Configuration Manager 2012
Read more about and get all the Microsoft System Center 2012 Pre-Release Products here: http://technet.microsoft.com/sv-se/evalcenter/hh505660.aspx
Also, don’t forget to try out the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012 Beta 1:
The ”Switch User” feature was something that came in Windows XP but is also implemented in Windows Vista and Windows 7. It enables one user to switch to another user without ending their session. It can be very useful feature but if you have a shared PC where there are applications that can’t and should not have simultanious sessions running of them on the same PC you’ll want to turn it off. This is also something that works on Windows Vista as well.
If you’re in an enterprise environment the easiest way is to use Group Policies. The other option is to disable it in the registry.
- Type GPedit.msc in RUN or Starmenu Searchbox and press Enter. It’ll open Group Policy Editor.
- Now go to: Local Computer Policy\Administrative Templates\System\Logon
- In the right-side pane, double-click on ”Hide entry points for Fast User Switching” option and set it to Enabled
- There you go, the Switch User option is now disabled in the Welcome Screen and the Shutdown menu
Now you can do the same thing in the registry
- Type regedit in RUN or Startmneu Searchbox and press Enter.
- When the Registry Editor opens go to:
- In the right-side pane, create a new DWORD value HideFastUserSwitching and set it’s value to 1
- Now you’ve done the same as in scenario one but with the difference of using the registry.
Folder redirection kan användas för att omdirigera vissa speciella mappar på slutanvändarens dator till servermappar. Speciella mappar som Mina dokument eller Dokument, som är standardmappen för användare att lagra och komma åt sina data, kan på detta sätt omdirigeras till en server.
Läs om hur man ställer in detta på Windows Server 2008: http://www.itechtalk.com/thread1958.html