During the installation of the new System Center Configuration Manager 2012 with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 I got the following error and the installtion couldn´t continue.
ERROR: Failed to get SID for user (NT Service\MSSQLSERVER)
ERROR: Failed to get the buffer size for LookupAccountName. Error= 1722
To fix it: I creat a domain account that has administrative right on the server and change the service account that the SQL services are running with to it and ran the setup again. This time it finished with no errors.
Här kommer lite information och tips hur man går tillväga att testa applikationer som system-konto.
1. Ladda hem verktyg PSTOOLS och packa upp till en mapp – http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx
2. Ta PSTOOLS mappen och klistra in den på system disk C:\
3. Starta Kommandotolken som administratör
4. gå till PSTOOLS mappen. C:\PSTOOLS
5. Kör följande verktyg PSEXEC.EXE -i -d -s cmd <Tryck Enter>
6. Nu kommer en villkorsruta upp. <Tryck på knapp Agree>
7. Nu kommer en till kommandotolken fönster upp. Nu kan du testa din applikation i det nya kommandotolken fönstret som körs som System.
Nu är det bekräftat att lanseringsdatumet för Windows 8 är 26 oktober.
Mastering System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (SCCM)
The latest version of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) is a dramatic update of its predecessor Configuration Manager 2007, and this book offers intermediate-to-advanced coverage of how the new SCCM boasts a simplified hierarchy, role-based security, a new console, flexible application deployment, and mobile management. You’ll explore planning and installation, migrating from SCCM 2007, deploying software and operating systems, security, monitoring and troubleshooting, and automating and customizing SCCM 2012 with scripts.
The new server role tools available in Windows Server 8 (still Beta) simplify the process of configuring volume activation services for a network, thereby making it possible for users to obtain client licenses without administrator intervention, and generally without the user being aware that the activation process is taking place.
Several new changes to activation technologies have been made to make client and server activation easier to install, manage and configure.
- Active Directory-Based Activation
- Volume Activation Services Server Role
- Volume Activation Management Tool (VAMT) 3.0
- Activation and validation occurs simultaneously
- Activation Center
- New licensing and re-arm changes
In addition, improved configurability makes it possible for network administrators to update volume activation configurations quickly and reliably, thus maintaining support to clients attempting to activate their software.
Also note that the grace period for activation has been removed. Windows must be activated immediately. Failure to activate Windows will result in the inability to perform operating system customization.
Remeber: Once again, this is based on beta pre-release documentation and is subject to change in future releases.
See Volume Activation Management Tool Technical Reference at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824825.aspx
More about Server 8: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/windows-server/v8-default.aspx
This is what you always wanted to know about OS Deployments using ConfigMgr 2012, but no one told you about, until now. Join Johan Arwidmark in a dazzling session on mastering OS Deployment In ConfigMgr 2012.
Great video where Johan Arwidmark talks about scaling MDT 2010 Lite Touch in a distributed environment:
The RC1 is now available for download on Connect.
- Support for Configuration Manager 2012 RC2 (while still supporting Configuration Manager 2007)
- New User-Driven Installation components for CM 2007 and CM 2012
- Ability to migrate MDT 2012 task sequences from CM 2007 to CM 2012
- Customize deployment questions
- Integration with the Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolkit (DaRT) for remote control and diagnostics
- New monitoring capabilities to see the progress of currently running deployments
- Support for deploying Windows to computers using UEFIAbility to deploy Windows 7 so that the computer will start from a new VHD file, ”Deploy to VHD”
- Improved deployment wizard user experience
- And many small enhancements and bug fixes
Read more on the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Team Blog
TZUtil or Windows Time Zone Utility can be used to display current time zone ID or set the system timezone to specified time zone ID, with support to disable Daylight Saving Time adjustments (if applicable) for the time zone with _dstoff suffix.
For example if you want to change the current Time Zone for the clients through GPO to W. Europe Standard Time. Save the following command as cmd file and deploy it as log on script.
tzutil /S "W. Europe Standard Time"
When you install ”Application Catalog web service point” and ”Application Catalog website point” in SCCM 2012 you get 404 Error when browsing http://SCCMserver/CMApplicationCatalog. To fix this you need to enable/activate .Net 4
For example, on a 64-bit computer that runs the .NET Framework version 4.0.30319, run the following command:
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe –i –enable