Microsoft has made Release Candidates available for several of the upcoming 2012-editions of their System Center products.
Most interesting for us deployment guys is of course the release candidate of
System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
As you all know, SCCM provides comprehensive configuration management for the Microsoft platform that can help you empower users with the devices and applications they need to be productive while maintaining corporate compliance and control.
New and improved capabilities in the RC include:
- Improved endpoint protection functionality, with integrated setup, management and reporting for System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection.
- Improved application catalog design that provides a better, more responsive experience when requesting and downloading applications.
- New support for Windows Embedded devices, including Windows Embedded 7 SP1, POSReady 7, Windows 7 Think PC, and Windows Embedded Compact 7.
- Improved client status checks for Configuration Manager services and features.
- Improved compliance enforcement and tracking, with the ability to create dynamic collections of baseline compliance and the generation of hourly compliance summaries.
- Platform support for deep mobile device management of Nokia Symbian Belle devices. Pending a platform update by Nokia later this calendar year for these devices, customers will be able to try out the management of these Nokia devices with ConfigMgr.
- Additional scalability and performance improvements.
Check out Technet for a more detailed description of What’s New in Configuration Manager 2012
Read more about and get all the Microsoft System Center 2012 Pre-Release Products here: http://technet.microsoft.com/sv-se/evalcenter/hh505660.aspx
Also, don’t forget to try out the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012 Beta 1: